Anti-corruption | Anti-Trust and Competition | Broker Dealer Investments | Corporate Compliance | Cuba | Employment Law | Healthcare | Higher Education | OFAC | Privacy & Data Protection
Countries around the world have declared war on corruption as well as the corporations and officers who have chosen to engage in bribery as a means of obtaining or retaining a business advantage.
With record-setting fines being levied in the billions of dollars and an ever-increasing number of corporate officers facing imprisonment for violating anti-corruption laws, it has become paramount for corporations to establish appropriate policies, procedures, training and other controls to prevent and detect bribery within their organizations.
The corruption laws that are being enforced by governments around the world apply to companies of all sizes that conduct business internationally. Many of these laws provide a safe harbor and/or affirmative defense for corporations that have implemented an effective anti-corruption program.
MDO Partners is well suited to represent corporations who conduct business internationally and have recognized the importance of establishing an anti-corruption program within their organization. Our veteran team of attorneys and advisors are former in-house counsel and compliance officers to various multinational corporations and associations. They have international experience that spans the globe, including Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States, and have established significant relationships with local counsel and regulators to assist clients in navigating the myriad of complex issues that arise when doing business globally.
The team’s anti-corruption expertise includes:
• Advising clients on compliance with various anti-corruption laws, including the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act 2010 and OECD Convention on Combatting Bribery;
• Conducting anti-corruption risk assessments;
• Drafting anti-corruption policies and procedures;
• Preparing and delivering anti-corruption training for senior management and other employees;
• Conducting due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and joint venture partners;
• Conducting internal investigations relating to bribery and corruption; and
• Conducting compliance audits of anti-corruption programs to ensure they are effective.
PURPOSE | PASSION | PERFORMANCE
MDO | PARTNERS
175 SW 7th Street
Miami, FL 33130